EDIT: I just realized that Rasa and Lima broke the helmets, they overload it or something. Oblio’s helmet makes a dying noise like it just gave up before Oblio slides it off his head. I guess this would point to the helmet-can’t-handle-Oblio’s-fierce-mind theory. The helmet was like “fuck this, I can’t handle this no more, I rather die” and it turn off.
Sometimes I think it must suck to be Oblio
How did Oblio take off his helmet so easily when Rasa and Lima had to do a little dance and claw at it? Oblio was just…standing there. Did he get inspired by the player’s dancing and that inspiration somehow overcame the helmet’s ability to keep him under mind control? Either Oblio has a special ability that other dancers don’t have or Dr. Tan has some ambivalent emotions. Obbie is into meditation, isn’t he? Perhaps that would make him more prone to overcoming mind control. After all meditation can help you control your consciousness or shift between different levels of consciousness. Did watching the player dance triggered something inside his mind?
He does take pleasure from dancing; I bet Oblio gets a burst of happy chemicals when he dances or when he is satisfied with your dancing. It probably induces a rush inside his head that makes him feel “liberated.”
Here is Oblio
demonstrating how he likes to make love being liberated by dancing:
Now you will never unsee it.
Another explanation is Dr. Tan’s possible ambivalence. He only looks slightly surprised when Oblio takes off the helmet before he covers his face. He looks somewhat ashamed, as if he was trying to hide his face from Oblio before he remembered that he didn’t do anything wrong.
yep he is hiding
Let’s just say Dr. Tan had conflicting emotions. I am sure there are various reasons (that I explained in my little analysis article before) but let’s simplify this:
A- I should put the helmet on him (because is for his own good, he will run away if I don’t…etc)
B- I should not put the helmet on him (because he won’t be the same, Oblio’s human dignity…etc)
What could possibly satisfy both? If he picks A, then the part of his brain that is arguing for B will be unsatisfied and vice versa. So what if he decided to put the helmet on Oblio (because ultimately that’s the argument that won) but he would do it half-assed (so the part of him that is in favor of B would feel a little satisfied). That way he would feel a lot less guilty. How would he do it half-assed? Maybe he gave him a special helmet, maybe a faulty helmet? Who knows?
I just have to wonder if maybe deep down Dr. Tan knows that the young man that is following his every command is not really Oblio. He is kind of dead inside.
Just look at how proud he is; he is beaming!
While he would initially gain the satisfaction from having Oblio work alongside with him as his “right-hand man”, would it build up to the point that Dr. Tan would collapse under his own lies? I wonder how long it would last. Maybe it’s just a plot hole; I might be over thinking this.
- 50shadesofyouregay reblogged this from anaid128
- casual-graffiti likes this
- rainbowbox reblogged this from anaid128
- rainbowbox likes this
- danikailovesobliostuff likes this
- rejectsuperstar likes this
- biadizops reblogged this from anaid128
- biadizops likes this
- smileyalwayssmiling likes this
- haruko--chan likes this
- haruko--chan reblogged this from nerodances
- raggedysam likes this
- tuomasitadark likes this
- askemiliablog likes this
- nerodances reblogged this from scytam
- nerodances likes this
- anaid128 likes this
- faithyful-lunatic reblogged this from anaid128
- scytam reblogged this from bentobunnii
- scytam likes this
- faithyful-lunatic likes this
- kuwatermelon likes this
- bentobunnii reblogged this from zevenon and added:
- bentobunnii likes this
- kyuu333 reblogged this from zevenon
- zevenon reblogged this from wanna-be-my-only-cypher
- wanna-be-my-only-cypher likes this
- wanna-be-my-only-cypher reblogged this from anaid128
- zevenon likes this
- obliviontan reblogged this from anaid128 and added:
- jellykinder likes this
- cripplingaffection said::D I LOVE THESE!
- mr-sulu likes this
- cripplingaffection reblogged this from anaid128
- cripplingaffection likes this
- miscellaneon reblogged this from anaid128
- frag-grrl-attacks reblogged this from anaid128
- miscellaneon likes this
- kingtoji likes this
- rasaberry likes this
- anaid128 posted this